Rain City Cannabis celebrated the end of 2014 by opening their doors to the recreational marijuana industry. We would like to thank this recreational marijuana store owner for taking the time out of his busy schedule to answer the following questions. For opening Rain City Cannabis in the Rainier Beach area of Seattle, we give Tae Rhee a ‘High Five.’
1) Predict the Future. Three years from now what does the local Seattle recreational marijuana industry look like and where are we nationally?
Seattle needs to figure out what they are going to do with the “legal” and medical marijuana access points. I hope to see a combined model in the future where both medical and recreational marijuana can operate within the same store. I’d say that it’s a long shot for national legalization within 3 years but I’m hopeful for 2020.
2) Go back to the age of 21. Someone tells you that you would open a marijuana shop in Seattle in 2014. How do you react and what do you say?
It would probably feel a lot like winning a favorable spot in the I502 retail lottery license.
3) What is your favorite part about running Rain City? What is the most challenging?
My favorite part of running Rain City is that the fact that I am operating a recreational cannabis store. I get to sell cannabis to adults and it’s legal! I’ve spent over two years planning for this opportunity and at Rain City we have a vision for the future of cannabis and we are ready to forge our path in this burgeoning industry.
Our current challenges are competing with the grey market prices, banking, taxes and sourcing medical grade cannabis. I502 Retail stores have to operate with razor thing profit margins and at times it can be difficult to compete against the unregulated market. As a business owner I want to seize these challenges and take them head on. At the end of the day Rain City Cannabis is here to provide you a well curated selection of cannabis at every price level. Create your experience at Rain City Cannabis.
4) Who is your role model and why?
Small business owners because being your own boss is the most terrifying, stressful and ultimately the most rewarding life choice one can make.
5) Martian Mean Green, Schnazzleberry, and Trainwreck, are some of our favorite names for strains of cannabis. Here’s your chance! If you could name a strain of cannabis, what would you name it?
In honor of Seahawk great Kam Chancellor I would go with “Bam Bam Kush”.
Latest posts by Manic Conrad (see all)
- Kush 21 – Burien’s 1st Pot Shop - December 21, 2016
- Expect pot shops in Downtown Seattle - January 12, 2016
- The vape craze: Smoking vs. vaping marijuana. Is vaping better for you than smoking weed? - January 8, 2016