Protests in front of Uncle Ike’s Pot Shop is nothing new. First it was the church next door which filed a lawsuit that has since been dropped, and now it is a faction of the medical marijuana industry.
Apparently a licensed physician has independently tested recreational marijuana purchased from two different legal pot shops. Now it’s obvious that one of those pot shops was Uncle Ike’s.
According to the independent test results, there are over 240 pesticides being used to grow recreational marijuana and none of the testing labs are providing these results.
We are not sure what to make of this.
1) First of all, one of the samples that was independently tested was sent to a lab in Oregon. Isn’t it against the law to buy marijuana in Washington State and take it to another state? Brush up on the laws here.
2) Let’s just say the results of this independent study should be looked at further. How is this any different than the vegetables and fruits that we buy at the store? Do you know what pesticides was used for that apple you are eating for lunch?
Unless of course it’s organic, but organic labeling is not yet used in the recreational marijuana industry. Oh wait…even if it was used, organic farming uses pesticides and even natural pesticides can be a health risk.
3) Why is this faction of the medical marijuana industry up in arms about recreational marijuana cannabis? Wouldn’t there be a bigger argument if pesticides were being used on medical marijuana plants? Correct us if we are wrong, but aren’t some of these labs, if not all, that test recreational marijuana also test medical marijuana?
What do you think? Do you think the protest has valid arguments? Do you think it’s much ado bout nothing? Share your thoughts below.
Latest posts by Manic Conrad (see all)
- Kush 21 – Burien’s 1st Pot Shop - December 21, 2016
- Expect pot shops in Downtown Seattle - January 12, 2016
- The vape craze: Smoking vs. vaping marijuana. Is vaping better for you than smoking weed? - January 8, 2016